Puppy Pawty 4th Birthday
Warning:::Picture Over-load
 |
| Spencer loves to help stir anything. Whether it is pancake mix, sippie cup punch, or today's birthday cake, he is the expert stir man and will muscle his way into your project just to do the stirring. |

|
Allison from Sweet Themes Bakery in Kent out did herself with the cookies for Spencer's party. This friend's creativity is ever flowing out the tip of her icing bag. Oh my, talk about spoiled and the party hasn't even begun. She did an amazing job matching these "Dog" cookies to Spencer's beloved "Dog" PJ's.
|

|
| Loved getting more use out of those painted pinto beans! Once again, a really stupid project, one should learn from me and not attempt to pain pinto beans, JUST DON"T DO IT! The kids thought the rice crispy cake pops were yummy along with the Scooby dog bone Graham crackers dipped in white chocolate. So fun! |
 |
| I am always amazed at how much the kids love things just a little bit more when you package them cute. Spencer asked for puppy juice for days after his party. He was pretty sad when the last puppy juice was gone. Once again, amazing what a little paper will do around some ordinary juice boxes. |
 |
| Love digging through my sewing stuff and finding ribbon perfect for making some little collars for the stuffed puppies the kids would adopt. Even better, didn't cost me a thing! The little blankets on the other hand, that was my party splurge and it was worth it, the kids loved wrapping their puppies up in them. |

|
| More cookies by Sweet Themes Bakery. I couldn't get over how Allison matched these to the birthday banner. |
 |
| $1 dollar store doggie dishes wrapped in strips of green duct tape and finished off with a cute printable. Oh yes, we are going to have the kids eat their cake and ice cream out of these, oh yes...can't wait! |
 |
| A last minute addition to the party was decorating the front door. I was going to use this paw print wrapping paper from the dollar store for the dessert table, but in the end opted out of it. So, it was left-over and I couldn't just let it go to waste. Note to self....it takes a long time to wrap a door, this should not be a last minute decision. |

|
| More party printables that needed to be used. I love how my creative juices flow just hours before the party. Little additions here and there, just wish the creativity came several month ahead of time. |


|
The perfect cake for a puppy! I couldn't have been more proud to have pulled this cake off all by myself. I didn't need to bug my neighbor and good friend LeeAnn this time around for cake 101 help! I cooked a cake in a Pyrex bowl, placed it in the dollar store dogie dish upside down. Then I frosted it and topped it off with Reese's Puffs cold cereal. Once the Reese's Puff's went on top, Spencer lost all interest in his birthday cake. He thought that I completely ruined it. Oh well, it made for a cute picture and we ended up picking off the cold cereal in order for him to eat it.
Upon their arrival the kids got to decorate a bag that would later hold all their take home things. It was a great thing to do as the guests arrived.
Each of the boys got to choose a new puppy from the basket to adopt.
We played toss the dog into the basket, the boys thought that was fun!
We also had a little dogie obedience school and had the boys each come up for a turn to "sit" "roll over" "shake" "beg" and so forth. This was a true crack up as they really got into it.
Tate giving his dog a bath
Andrew showing us his new puppy and the new collar he put on it.
I couldn't believe how long Brian entertained the boys with the Dr. kit turned into the Vet kit. The boys loved giving their new dogs a check-up to make sure they were healthy enough to be adopted.
He had to count the 4 candles on the cake before we could light them.
Spencer said he was just too tired to open presents. We did convince him to open them, but it wasn't easy. However, a much better job with presents this year compared to last year. His friends gave him a lot of fun stuff and he has loved his new Slinky and his bug catcher
The party is officially over when the thank you notes have been written and delivered. Spencer waited so long for this party and has milked the puppy theme for all it is worth. I have threatened to have a "Burn the Dogs" ceremony to officially bring the puppy thing to an end. However, I can't bring myself to ruin this kids love for his "Dogs" and know that someday, he will grow out of them and then sadly what will he wear and what will he do. I have a feeling it is going to be a hard transition.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment