Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012 (Day 1)

Why is it that I feel I must apologize in the first sentence that there will be an over-load of pictures to follow?  Well, the truth is, I shouldn’t, that is what vacations are for and yes, I am going to insert every picture that I love, not necessarily every picture that was taken.  In other words, I have spared you several hundred!

June 25, 2012 we managed to pack up and make it to the airport on time.  What would going on vacation be without a few little glitches?  First glitch, we decided not to bug any of our friends and neighbors with a ride to the airport.  Why???  Well, we are wanting to remain their friends and sometimes, it just seems like such a pain to ask people to give up 2 hours of their day to help us out.  Brian had a grand plan to just park our car at the light rail station and take the train into the airport.  Yes, free parking in a lot with security and the kids could have a short train ride to boot!  Oh, good thing Brian happened on the transportation web page at 8:00 p.m. the night before our flight… Apparently, you can only park in that lot for 24 hours.  Oh no, our vehicle would have been towed for sure!  Plan B came pretty quick, Brian found a good deal for airport parking and so we got up a little earlier and did the Park-n-Jet thing.  We managed to still not bug any friends, made it on time, and the only drawback, it did cost us a little more than “FREE”………Oh well!

004001

For some reason we were lucky enough to have a more than friendly agent at the check-in counter.  She gave the kids a sticker and they proudly wore them all the way to Utah!

We always have the most fun surprises waiting for us at the airport.  The fish-heads and balloons were super fun!  Thanks for always making us feel super welcome G&G!

005

No comments:

Post a Comment