It's Friday, June 1st and the day of the school picnic. Kelsey looks forward to the school picnic for weeks. I on the other hand, not so much and although we've had some great weather in years past, this is the kind of weather I remember. I mean folks, it isn't July 5th yet (the day our true summer begins around here) and so one expects this type of forecast. All the parents descend on the school property toting chairs, blankets, coolers, umbrellas, junk food, and fast food if your child is a "lucky" one. We listen to the high school Jazz Band, eat our soggy sandwiches and chase after our toddlers. Kelsey ate her lunch under the playground slide. It was at least a little dry under there. We pretend it is great, then pack up all our crap, tote the 4 year old back to the car with muddy feet, drenched clothes, and say "Whew, til next year"........... So happy today that Brian gets to take Kelsey back to the school for the school carnival tonight. I am happy to stay home with Spencer tonight...Oh yeah!!!
I love the eating under the slide. So creative. And yes, some good things are good, because they are once a year!
ReplyDelete