Saturday, March 24, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

By February the 14th, I don't know about you, but this mommy is ready for another Holiday!  Sufficient time has passed from Christmas, we have gotten Kelsey's birthday party done and I'm ready for another excuse to do something creative and let's be honest, I'm ready for some COOKIES!

A rather late night decision was made to "Heart Attack" the kid's bedroom door and I didn't really realize just how many hearts would need to be cut out to sufficiently cover their doors.  Let's just say, it takes more than one might think!  The kids were thrilled and Spencer was the most tickled.  He kept asking throughout the day, what that thing on his door was called?  We kept telling him it was a heart attack and he would say, "oh yeah."

We also had a great day visiting both the kids at school.  First off to preschool where I had the rare opportunity to see Spencer in the classroom and sneak a few pictures.  He was so happy to come home and open all his Valentine's from his friends.  Then it was off to put on the last party at Kelsey's school and it was by far the most low key party of the year and probably turned out the best.  We had a plate of treats and played a few games (I even repeated the cupid shooting arrow game using straws and q-tips.  The kids loved it! 

The last thing of the day was doing a little doorbell dinging and ditching in the neighborhood with Spencer.  He had a super great time!  He knocked loud, ran fast, his hid long and hard, and was so proud to check the porches after awhile to see if his friends received his Valentine he had left them.  It was such a fun experience with him this year.  We were even secretly proud that we talked a few neighbors into doing the same thing and our kids for the first time were on the receiving end of this silly little Richfield, Utah tradition.  To see them get so excited when there was a knock at the door was awesome!  Thanks friends!

















No comments:

Post a Comment