Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Date #2

Salish Lodge  Date #2

Our February date came much earlier in the month and I'm feeling like a queen.  We've been on two dates in less than 2 weeks, this is like a record!  February's date had Valentine's in mind and although we celebrated a day early, it was completely worth it!  This months date was one that I was personally really looking forward to.  After living in Washington almost 12 years, we have never dined at the famous Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls.  I must say, we should have definitely not waited so long.  Brian actually put on a nice shirt and I could smell his cologne in the bathroom after he left for work.  ***note, he doesn't usually wear Cologne to go work on the mountain, so a great day indeed.  After getting the kids off to school, I headed up there to meet Brian.  His work in North Bend is a very short distance and a super nice place to meet up with him.  We had a very private room sectioned off just for us next to a window that overlooked the falls.  It was as if we were the only two in the restaurant.  Happy we were to dine, have a view, and yes, even a Valentine's kiss!  Brian ordered the Railroad and I ordered the French toast.  He had a huge mug of hot chocolate and I had apple cider with cream and Carmel.  It was delicious and neither one of us ate a thing before dinner tonight.  We enjoyed a quick outside view of the falls, but it was super misty today and the view was not the best.  Oh well, February date is done, how sad is that?  I wish I didn't have to wait for March, but the older I get the faster time goes and before you know it, we will be opening another envelope!



  






Railroad Avenue*

Three eggs any style, with smoked bacon, honey cured ham, pork-apple sausage, breakfast potatoes and a buttermilk biscuit



Cinnamon Battered Croissant French Toast *

With a side of bacon, Canadian maple syrup and Powdered sugar






1 comment:

  1. So So Fun. Good for you. I will have to keep that place in mind. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete