Sunday, January 29, 2012

Embarressing Almost

It is with a little embarrassment that I type this post!  It is pretty pathetic that one cannot get their Christmas tree decorated before the 17th of December.  I mean, what is the point, if you are just going to take it down in 9 days?  The point was, for the sake of our adorable children, the Ballard family Christmas tree will have decorations and lights on it and it will signify that the Christmas spirit is in our home.  With our trip to Disneyland following Thanksgiving and then the righteous demands of our Daddy Brian with his bishopric calling made it impossible for our family to find just one evening at home to get our Charlie Brown decorated.  Actually, our tree this year, was probably the most un-Charlie Brown of a tree we've had in history!  Brian single handily picked out the family Christmas tree this year and I must say, it was the best looking tree we've ever had!  Way to go daddy Brian!!!  After waiting weeks for the major event of getting out the Christmas boxes from the garage, Brian noted that with the less than superb interest our children showed in decorating the tree, next year, don't wait for him, just decorate it yourself.  I am secretly looking forward to decorating the tree to perfection next year without the help or lack there of  from the Ballard children.  I do believe it is time to become a 2 tree household.  One for the kids upstairs, and one for me downstairs.  This will be GRAND!

I think we are going to have to give the placement of the star job to Spencer next year.  Brian had a little bit of a hard time getting Kelsey on his shoulders.  Man, I hate to see my little girl grown up to be so big and tall!


It looks as if Spencer doesn't need any mistletoe to give him a reason to lay a big wet kiss on Kelsey, what a cutie!


I'm happy they both thought it was funny, Kelsey could have gotten a bit upset, I'm proud of her for just living in the moment!  Way to go Spencer....

No comments:

Post a Comment