The big day arrived on November 30th, kids (and adults...hah, hah) were anxious to get out of bed and make the 45 minute drive up to the Happiest Place on Earth! It was time to put on that cute skirt Grammy made and pull on that Mickey shirt that mommy made and go join the crowds of people, crying children, carnival food, and yes, the line for SPACE MOUNTAIN!!! Bring it on, Bring it on!!!
O.K., actually, we were a bit tired, not quite such happy risers out of our bed, not really looking forward to California traffic, but we were excited for what the day would bring. It was indeed a good sign that there really wasn't any traffic on the roads, the parking lot was practically empty, no wait for the buses, and no line at the entrance....could this really be that Happy Place everyone talks about? I'm beginning to think it is going to be a GREEAAAAAT day at DISNEYLAND!
WARNING::: Picture overload to follow....This is my blog...my journal...and my scrapbook
Kelsey's favorite ride along with mommy is Space Mountain for sure! Spencer's was the Buzz Lightyear ride and Daddy Brian's was the big Screamer ride over in California Adventure Park. Yes, Brian managed to take Grandpa on it several times, convinced Kelsey and I (our first time ever going upside down...YIKES). Actually, correction, Rachel convinced Kelsey to go as Brian wasn't successful at pleading his case with her. Grandma was happy to watch the stroller most of the time, but enjoyed the Soaring over California ride in California Adventure Park. Spencer had a great day with minimal crowd interference, just had one little incidence while waiting in line to get Woody's autograph, but that "Freak Out" moment didn't last long, he recovered and we had an awesome time! I'm pretty sure that pictures speak more words than I can express, so onto the pictures...YIPPEE!!!
Couldn't help but notice the Christmas tree and ornaments as you walk in the park, a truly magical time to visit Disneyland and our first Holiday visit ever!
O.K., Mommy Paige doesn't ride the Tea Cups, but she is happy to pose for a picture in a Tea Cup that remains stationary!
Spencer thought it was so funny to squeeze Goofy's nose, he laughed and laughed!
Kelsey with her Minnie Mouse stuffed animal, whose idea was it to let her spend her own money on whatever she wanted? Oh the stuffed animals are going to fit in who's suitcase on the way home?
My favorite pictures in Disneyland are that of sleeping toddler's. I seem to recall having a picture very similar of Kelsey when she was this age on her first trip to Disney. It just says to me, "This has been the best day ever, now can you take me home to my bed."
One last autograph before leaving the park, Merry Christmas!!!
It has been one surprise after another with this trip and much to Kelsey's delightment, a surprise from Miss Rachel Mifflin Anderson was super exciting to say the least! She and Jeff met us over at California Adventure Park in the evening after leaving Disneyland for a few rides and the laser water show.
Oh yeah, I got my own Buzz gun now...Oh yeah...Thanks Papa!
What is it about seeing the two of them together that makes Kelsey seem so grown up?
Day 2 Capistrano Beach
We were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations at Capistrano Beach in Capistrano California. Just a walk across the street and we were on the beach. The view from our condo was AWESOME and to listen to the waves crash in all night was AMAZING...NOT...after a day in Disneyland listening to waves crash in was not so fabulous, us mommy's and daddy's need some sleep. By the 3rd night, I was so tired, I didn't even hear the waves, but loved waking up to them outside the window. The kids loved the sand and Kelsey loved the water (Spencer, not so much, see photos and captions below).
Daddy, come back, come back, the waves will get you!
Daddy, I told you, the waves will get you!
Common Spencer, it is o.k., you will like it, just try it!
Daddy, I told you, I told you, I told you., I do not want to go...I told you...Now look what you made me do!
Save me Daddy Brian, SAVE ME!
Oh Spencer, I am sorry, Daddy is very sorry!
December water is a bit cold Daddy Brian, are you sure he will forgive you?
I about drowned!
Oh yes, nice and warm, I love my towel.
Mommy will keep you warm!
I'm happy again, really I am!
It's not cold mom, look at me!
Day 3 Sea World
We rode the AMTRAK Train down and here we are waiting to board!
This way nobody has to do the driving and we all can ride together!
Punching my ticket, just like the Polar Express, but in 80 degree sunny weather in December!!!
I can be goofy, yes I can...
I can be nice...oh yes I can!
After an AMTRAK ride, a commuter train ride, and a bus ride...We arrived at Sea World..Yippee!
The Dolphin show was great and for sitting in the splash zone, we did pretty good to stay dry and to get a few pictures!
Unfortunately, Spencer couldn't last for the Shamu Killer Whale show, but once again, we sat in the Splash zone and managed to stay dry and get a nice photo too. As you can see, another great park to visit the week after Thanksgiving...there was nobody there, truly the best time of year to go!
Kelsey is the stuffed animal queen and no visit anywhere is complete without a stuffed animal or two. New rule at the Ballard house. If you get a new stuffed animal, you must get rid of another...However, her happy face says it all and Spencer, well, he was trying to get his parrot to talk!
Now it was time to head back to the bus, back to the commuter train, back to the Amtrak for our reverse travel back up to Capistrano Beach. I think it is going to be a late night folks!
Day 4 Capistrano Beach
We headed back to the condo on day 4 and 5 and were joined by Rachel, Jeff, and Jane. We had an awesome time at the beach and even enjoyed a bike ride. December just doesn't get any better than this!
Jeff getting up on the surf board
Where's Jeff?
Rolling down the sand hills (sounds like a Wiggles song)
Wanna be surfer...looking good Brian!
The sunset viewed from our balcony! No wonder we don't want to go home.
A little late night taffy pull with Grammy Irene showing her stuff! She really is amazing!
Day 5 Capistran Beach
Heading out on our bike ride along the beach.
As Brian rides off into the sunset, our vacation comes to a close..how sad is that? We have never had such a hard time leaving our vacation spot. Kelsey and Spencer were so unbelievably sad on the ride back to the airport. They will miss Grammy Irene and Papa Carl, Jane, Rachel, and Jeff, but most of all they will miss DISNEYLAND and so will I!
No comments:
Post a Comment