Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween Play-date


Happy Halloween Play-Group Party 2011

Each Thursday the neighborhood boys that live closest to our house get together for a structured play-group.  We had the pleasure of hosting the Halloween Party at our house this year.  The boys (and siblings) all came in costume and Spencer couldn't have been more happy to wear his pajama Super Dog outfit.  Due to the fact that he rarely is seen not wearing this attire, we just added a cape (made from an over-sized men's T-shirt from Good Will).  The grand total for his costume this year, a whopping $3...!  We had a super time tracing Halloween cookie cutters, listening to a Halloween story, "Spooky Hour" (Spencer's favorite), playing ghost bowling, a game of ring toss and their most favorite was getting a little practice in trick-or-treating before the real deal!  After the trick-or-treating to some kind neighbors that were home in the middle of the day, the kids got to eat some fabulous treats all brought in by the moms in our group.  Logan's mom Rochelle is a professional balloon animal artist and all the kids got to choose what they wanted.  Spencer was just beaming with his dog (of course).  What a talented bunch of mommies we are blessed with as neighbors and friends.


I had a great time dipping OREO cookies in white chocolate and I'm pretty sure the mom's enjoyed these more than the boys!


O.K., these were the funnest thing to make for the party.  I just cut circles out of brown grocery bags, then mod podged some Halloween printables onto them.  I then sewed them together, filled them with Reese's Pieces, then sewed them shut.  The kids had a fun time ripping them open to see what was inside.  I love www.pinterest.com and my new motto is that you actually have to make what you pin or it is a waste of time...So, here is something I made from an idea from Pinterest, but a little different to fit the Halloween theme.




LeeAnn found these awesome spider cupcake holders at Crate and Barrel and was kind enough to let me borrow them for the party.  Aren't they just the funnest thing?


Lindsey Deru made these yummy candy corn pudding cups and they were yummy!

Bethany Hillary created these yummy slices of cheese.  I think my Spencer thought these were the coolest thing and I know it took her a ton of time to cut these little faces out...as I said, I have the best neighbors and mommy friends EVER!






<>
Mommy Rochelle making Spencer's dog balloon, seriously, where did she learn to do this?



No comments:

Post a Comment