Kelsey and I had the opportunity to go to Fall Encampment at St. Albans! Wow, what a couple of very fun days! We had enclosed sleeping arrangements complete with lights, flushing toilets, and spiders, lots and lots of spiders! Kelsey and her friends had the most wonderful time and she and Karlie even managed to win the 3 legged race! Naturally, Kelsey would win the race, even tied to another individual. It was indeed fun to watch. The girls loved eating out of their mess kits, making up a skit, singing campfire songs and making banana boats over the fire. I had the opportunity to take them on a little nature walk and we identified a few trees, made nature bracelets (duct tape worn sticky side out around the wrist to collect leaves, small cones, catkins and such), and cored a few trees as well. This was a highlight for Kelsey and one of her friends even asked me how to spell increment borer so she could put it on her Christmas list. It was delightful, just wish that I had had the time to take a few more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment