Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sewing Lesson

I remember feeling as though I was failing my daughter and that this mom wasn’t doing enough to teach her sewing skills and spend quality time.  I knew I’d have to pack my patients to teach Kelsey to sew as she herself is not known to have an abundance.  She is quick to do things, doesn’t quite listen to all instructions and of course just wants to get the finished product.  I know most of that is maturity and will hopefully come with age?  I felt if this “perfectionist” mom was going to have any chance of being patient and not blowing steam, I would need to invite a friend to do it with us.  Why is it, in the presence of friends, we can show more patients, smile more often, and just altogether be a more pleasant person to be around?  Thank you to Lexi, I managed an enjoyable day!  The girls were super excited to go to JoAnne’s material shopping.  They each chose their own fabric and although they couldn’t agree on “Twinner” pillowcases, they did decide to have matching tops.  They were so excited to sleep with them that night and now have fun pillowcases for future sleep overs.  To this day (one year later) it is still the pillowcase on Kelsey’s bed!  This mom survived, now to get motivated for some more fun sewing projects.  Days like today made me appreciate my own mother and the time and patients she showed in teaching me to sew, cook, bake, clean and such.  Thanks Mom!!!

002005

No comments:

Post a Comment