The school doesn’t really give you much warning that your child will be receiving an award and by the time you find the letter in your child’s backpack after the weekend, well, let’s just say, you are pretty thankful that you came across it. When I asked Kelsey what it was for, she said that maybe it was an award from the President? The president of what, I said? I was thinking maybe the PTA or something? She replied, “The President of the United States, you know mom…President Obama.” Well, actually, no, I didn’t know and I kind of chuckled. Sad to say that I thought, yeah right! I should have had more confidence in my own child and thought of course she is amazing and the President himself could surely be giving her an award! Kelsey then said, “It would be so much better mom if it was Romney though, wouldn’t it?” Our daughter clearly comes from a house that is politically minded and yes, the award would be so much better if it were from Mitt Romney himself.
The letter said that she would be receiving an award, but for what? We had no clue, but were super surprised when it was not just one award, but three…
1. Academic Award
2. Principal’s Award
3. Citizenship Award
We were proud of her and treated her to ice cream later that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment