Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Rush 5K

December 8th was one of our all time favorite races and is local right here in Kent.  Kelsey was able to meet up with some friends from track club and actually ran a fantastic race and a personal best time.  She placed 15th out of 303 kids under the age of 13 and all those who finished ahead of her were older than her except for her own friend from Track Club (Kathleen) who finished 9th.  Kelsey had a time of 27 minutes 45 seconds.

66  Kelsey  Ballard  F 1-13  284 15/303  98/1144  28:07  8:57  27:45

 

I was hot on her tail and just tried to keep up.  I even had to stop and tie my shoe and still run even faster to catch up.  I too had a great finish right behind Kelsey and only achieved it because I was trying not to be a slacker mommy and prove to her that I can keep up with her.  I must admit, she was put in her place after the race and realized that I did actually do what I said…I kept up!

I placed 11th out of 92 runners in my age division and had a time of 28:15…Yippee

I love being able to share in this tradition with Kelsey.  We missed the Hall family this year as they moved to sunny California.  We were happy to recruit LeeAnn and Lindzee as well as Kelsey’s track club friends.  This is the best race because of the super prizes at the end (according to Kelsey.)  This year they had stuffed animals, candy, and even chap stick…Kelsey LOVED it!  We also followed the race with breakfast out and Maggie's in downtown Kent.  Kelsey ate every last bite of her pancakes and bacon.  These are the memories and a great way to spend a cold December day.

00200311006007012015

No comments:

Post a Comment