Sunday, September 23, 2012

Let The Games Begin

 

017

Wow, look what became of a little discussion between LeeAnn and I on a little morning walk!  The two of us somehow thought it would be fun to draw up some excitement for the upcoming London Summer Olympics.  Our little idea grew into a neighbor and friends full on Olympic event held at the high school track and field. 

We mad cookies and we made more cookies and yes, we made more cookies.  LeeAnn was the brain behind the cute bag topper that we packaged them in.  We are both getting brave at trying our hand at royal icing and this time we dusted it with sanding sugar. 

I had a lot of fun making the water bottles festive for our little athletes and was happy for some left-over PVC pipe in the garage to make some relay sticks.  LeeAnn was great to make PB&J sandwiches for all the kids and packaged them in cute bags that she was creative enough to run through her printer.  O.K., I confess, I tried to run a paper bag through my printer and it just got jammed.  I guess I don’t have the magic touch or a printer that is up to date with such projects.  LeeAnn also made gold medals and Olympic bibs for everyone, she is the best!

004

008

015

021

Now for the official Olympic events results.  Let’s just say it didn’t go according to our plan.  The slightest breeze wrecked havoc on our dessert table and got us off to a more than late start.  Everyone was pretty patient, but it was a disappointment  that the two of us didn’t quite have our timing down for throwing such a large event. The kids didn’t care, it was fun and it did generate some excitement. Enjoy the photos, it was a super fun and a very hot day! Yes, the gold medal awards were chocolate and they did melt. The cookies were warm as if they just came out of the oven. The obstacle course was blowing away, but none the less, it was fun and we are our harshest critic.

004005012

015024031033036056061062075081082long jump

No comments:

Post a Comment