Sunday, July 22, 2012

Big Rock Bike Ride

In an effort to get out of town and do a little something fun with the kids, Grammy Irene planned a Bike Ride for everyone.  Yes, it came with a bit of work finding bikes for everyone, getting tires pumped up and packing a picnic, but in the end, what a really fun thing to do!  We rode from Big Rock Candy Mountain down to Joseph.  In recent years they have converted the old railroad track into a bike path with the rails to trails program.  Kelsey and Jarica were having the best time riding a double bike, Brian was held back with Spencer and Jaycee, and I was loving the road bike.  Grammy and Papa kept up and everyone was most grateful for the basket on Grammy’s bike that held all our water bottles.  The crazy thing was we saw a Rattlesnake and to be honest, there are things I just don’t miss about living in Utah and rattlesnakes would definitely be one of them!

We got all the bikes unloaded, but then needed to shuttle some vehicles back down the canyon.

006008

Trying to entertain the kids on the grass while waiting for the vehicle shuttle.  To our surprise, these kids (including ours) had not ever played “Button Button”….You know, in a day of all things electronic, isn’t it sad that the good old games you played at everyone’s birthday party are no longer played.  Well, we didn’t have a button, but we did find a rock that would do.  We also played duck duck goose and this would be Spencer’s favorite game.  The kids actually had a great time and the time was passed quite quickly.

009010

We are finally ready to go!

012

Brian and I were just hoping that the two youngest could behave in such tight quarters?  You know, Spencer with his space issues, one never knows what will be o.k. and what will not?  Happy to report that it went great!

013016019020021022025026028027

As much as I hate rattlesnakes, I couldn’t help but get close enough for a picture or two!  I couldn’t believe that Brian and the girls rode right past it without noticing! 

029030031

033034035

No comments:

Post a Comment