As per my previous post about Spencer wanting to put the flag out. He says that sunny days in Seattle are special days and wants the flag out. So, today is not only rain free (not really sunny), but it is also a holiday and yes, the flag can go out!
It was a pretty big flag for him to manage, but he did it! Kelsey and Brian came in as reinforcements and oh how I enjoy teaching the kids about this country we are so blessed to live in. We are privileged to live within minutes of the Tahoma National Cemetery and we try to take advantage on days like today and pay it a visit. It amazes me that even on a busy holiday such as today with many cars and folks visiting this special place that everyone is so quiet and reverent. Everyone has total respect for those whose lives were given on our behalf and total respect for the families that visit and grieve in this very special place. Although, we personally don’t know anyone who is buried here, we are honored by those who have served our country and feel blessed to visit this special place.
We also enjoyed going out for breakfast at IHOP this morning. Spencer kept calling it “Hip Hop”…….He wanted to go to McDonald’s and wasn’t happy about going. Kelsey refuses to eat at McDonald’s lately as she says it is “Totally Unhealthy”…Kelsey won today, but Spencer cheered up when he was able to order his Create a Face pancake!
I went to that cemetary too. I LOVE having it so close. I remember you telling me you took your kids there way back 5 years or so ago. Now I go there and it gives the day special meaning, It's not just another day off. so Thank you!
ReplyDelete