Sunday, January 29, 2012

3rd Grade Holiday Party

December 20th was the last day before Christmas break and the 3rd grade holiday party for Mrs. Solomon's class.  I am the room mom for the class this year (not by choice) and have had some fun making the parties a little extra special.  Kelsey is delighted to have me be in the classroom and is just thrilled when I walk in.  She always has to sneak over and give me a hug.  For this party our committee did a Hot Chocolate Bar for the kids complete with all the trimmings for a fabulous cup of cocoa.  Whip Cream is of course the favorite, but the sprinkles came in a close second.  The kids enjoyed playing the M&M sipping straw game and the girls beat the boys.  It got a bit loud in the classroom, I'm pretty sure Mrs. Solomon was covering her ears and stressing that the classes next door would be complaining about our noise.  Oh well, the kids loved it!  My friend and the mother to Evan and Zachary, Rochelle Christensen lead a little art project teaching the kids about different ways to draw a snowman.  She had them draw it in water-color pencil and then brush water over it to create a beautiful water-color greeting card.  Her art talent is more than amazing and I am jealous!  It was a great party and during the Christmas season, I'm just happy to get one more thing checked off my list!








No comments:

Post a Comment