On November 11, Kelsey and I had the privilege of returning to Ronald McDonald House for a little craft night service project. We usually make our yearly trip to the house in March, but had the opportunity to go with just the two of us and we had a fabulous time. We made sand art turkeys with the kids and shared a little chocolate covered OREO on a stick with them for a treat. It always touches me when we go and one little boy in particular this year uttered these words as we were crafting, "I used to have cancer, but now I don't." What a great moment to be sitting there doing something fun with a kid that has obviously been through a lot and was back for some testing. Kelsey was so helpful and really amazed me how she stepped up to the plate and helped lead the activity instead of just being one of the kids doing the craft. She wanted to teach and be right there along side of me. We are not allowed to take photos at the house, but every now and then I will ask a family if it is o.k. and try to sneak a few in.
No comments:
Post a Comment