Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Where Are All The Pumpkins?

One should not wait until the last Saturday before Halloween to go to the pumpkin patch to purchase your family pumpkins.  Wow, do pictures 1 and 2 get my point across?  Our family was more than lucky to find a pumpkin that wasn't topless, gutless, smooshed, kicked, deformed, and any other adjective that describes rotten!  One only needs a determined 8 year old to find the only pumpkin at the patch that is salvageable and worthy of being placed in the wheelbarrow and hauled home for a quick carving and 1 day Halloween showing on the Ballard front porch!  Despite the slim pickings, we had an awesome time at the farm, playing in corn, riding behind the tractor, jumping on the massive air jump, feeding goats, roping cows, and watching pig races.  We made it home in time for the ward Trunk or Treat and all in all carried out tradition and had a lot of fun at the same time...Happy Halloween 2011!!!



Pumpkin Rolling...I seem to recall him doing this last year!

As I mentioned, one should not wait until the last Saturday before Halloween ...Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Where Are All The Pumpkins?


I've waited 3 years to get him in the wheelbarrow for a picture...He wasn't happy about it, but he is in there, maybe on year 4 I'll get the smile to go with it?

More than determined, she sought out every pumpkin and found a keeper!

I think she needs a little help?

Super Mom to the Rescue!!!




 
Brian is always so great to do what the kids do, he is the best Daddy EVER!!!


He did it and enjoyed it...Spencer and Kelsey, you are the best!


Who cares about getting a pumpkin, I'd rather feed the goats!

Happy Children, Happy Goats...FEED ME!


The #1 Attraction at the Farm...The Corn Pit





Till next year...Goodbye Merris Farms, we had a great time and next year, we will be sure to come, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH earlier!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment