Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Girl Scout Camp

Kelsey and I got to attend her first Girl Scout camp-over at Camp Robinswold over on the Hood Canal.  It was such a treat and a beautiful setting for a first group trip.  Upon our arrival, we were alerted to the fact that there had been a reported cougar siting in the area.  Oh man, one should not tell 8  year old girls that there is a cougar in the area!  Kelsey was going to camp in her own cabin with her friends and I in the leader cabin.  Well, you guessed it, 11 O'clock and I'm having to up and move my sleeping bag and stuff into her cabin as she was a bit scared.  I knew the girls were excited to be there, but a 5:15 wake up, is not what this leader had envisioned!  Kelsey was up and ready to go, thank goodness her troop leader Kathy Gendreau was also up and ready to put the girls to work.  Kelsey got the task of cooking bacon for the whole troop.  I was so proud of her to take on that task as she usually keeps quite a distance from anything "meat" related.  Her and Gabby had a great time with the bacon and all the grease.  Kelsey and I then got to do the Mountain Goating Hike (this means the early hike) and had a super time, seeing some old growth trees and some beautiful wildflowers.  The beach became a favorite and she spent the majority of her time at camp combing the beach for shells.  It was an awesome weekend complete with crafts, smores, and campfire songs.  We cannot wait for the next opportunity to go camping with the troop! 





No comments:

Post a Comment