Sunday, April 24, 2011

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!

I do believe my Grandma Payne was known to say, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without" or  something like unto it?  Here is my attempt to pass that little life lesson onto my 8 year old daughter Kelsey.  She is half human half animal most days, literally speaking.  She is constantly playing animals and pretending to be every animal in the wild kingdom.  That being said, you would understand why her jeans have very large holes in them as she is constantly on her knees, whether playing outside or in.  Her jeans have a lot of life left in them come springtime each year and every year, I cut them off and sew ribbon to the bottom of them.  Here is the first to make the transformation this year and for 45 cents worth of ribbon, she has shorts and I am spared from having to make one of grandma Payne's Levi quilts, a lesson I'll save for another rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment