Saturday, March 12, 2011

One Fish Two Fish

Thursday, March 10th was Fish Day for Spencer's neighborhood play group.  He has the best little neighborhood buddies and looks so forward to play-group each week.  On this day, we hosted at our house and went with a fish theme.  We had two fish stories, Dr. Seuss's One Fish Two Fish and then Max the Minnow.  We sang a couple songs, "All The Fish are Swimming In The Water" as well as "Ring Around The Roises" with "Fishies Swimming In The Water, Swimming In The Sea, We All Stand Up With A 1...2...3..."   Next we played a fishing game, followed by our art project for the day.  We did ice cube painting with liquid water color.  The boys seemed to really enjoy it, minus Spencer who got a tich on his hands and then decided he'd rather go lay down on the floor.  We then enticed him back for snack that was complete with fishy crackers, Swedish fish, string cheese, and juice.  We love the little friendships that these boys are developing with each other and the connection that we as mothers have in sharing these fun years together.  It is a joy to watch your children explore new things and fun to see how different they are.  We can't wait for Thursdays, thanks friends for another fun day!

"I got one"
Tate
Gage
Andrew
Oh no, I got a tiny it of blue on my fingers...OH NO!!!
I'm done
I'd rather lay on the floor and hide!
Mom finished the project for him, yeah!

1 comment: