Friday, February 25, 2011

Dr. Seuss Art Day

Friday, February 25th was Dr. Seuss Art Day in Mrs. Opland's 2nd grade class and mommy Paige was lucky enough to get to help out (I was Spencer "Free").  I was not blessed with artistic skills (see below), but getting to do it right along side the 2nd graders made me feel perfectly capable.  Mine was no better than any of theirs (and I'm how much older than them, pathetic), in fact, they had some pretty impressive "Who" people.  Kelsey came home tonight and has been drawing these "Who" people and has got quite the family of them taking over my kitchen counter.  This was a very fun water color activity and for those of you who know just how much we LOVE Dr. Seuss at our house, you know this was one day that I was not going to miss out on!  Yes, our e-mail address for over 10 years has been thelorax0 named from the Dr. Seuss book "The Lorax" and he does Speak for the Trees!
Learning to sketch a Seuss character

Love the hair on this one Kelsey


Her final sketch all outlined and complete with striped shirt and tights

Mommy Paige's completed sketch, it cracks me up!

Horton Hears a Who

All done with the watercolors

1 comment:

  1. Impressive. Kelsey's artistic abilities must have come from Mom Paige--not to offend Dad Brian.

    ReplyDelete